Edubabe Staff Placements is a subsidiary division of EduBabe which focuses on placements of quality domestic worker, child minder, nanny, au pair, pre-school teachers and mother helper staff. Safety and security are primary issues of concern when placing domestic and caregiver staff . All our candidates undergo a strict pre selection evaluation consisting of:
- Comprehensive registration form to evaluate reading and writing skills
- Personal face to face interview
- Min two years relevant job experience
- Recent, job related references
- Verified training/certificates/diplomas
All successful candidates selected for placement undergo further fingerprint criminal record testing as well as in house training to ensure competent skill levels on the job.
Our detailed terms and conditions outline the placement process as well as fees payable and what is covered under the agent contract. We encourage you to read through these carefully and contact your local agency should you need any clarification.
Comprehensive labour Law compliant employment contract as well as detailed Employer Guide issued to all our placement customers - ensure correct, worry free employment process.
Our large national database of candidates allows us to offer our clients well matched candidates from the first interview.
The following information will give you a better idea on how our placement process works.
(In a Nutshell)....
- Complete the Family profile form on the last tab of this page
- We will confirm an interview date and time where you will come to our premises to interview the candidates that we have sourced according to your family profile form.
- From those candidates you will select one that you wish to employ
- We will compile and assist you with the employment contracts
- We supply you with an Employers guidelines manual and UIF forms
- You receive one free first aid / CPR or basic housekeeping course which is included in your placement fee.
- You then pay us a once off placement fee.
- You receive a guarantee period depending on the package you select.
- We pre-check employment references and request criminal background checks through EMPS.
(In more detail)....
THE NON-REFUNDABLE INTERVIEW FEE IS FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICE:
- To pre-interview and qualify candidates according to their level of English and/or Afrikaans literacy, communication skills, work experience, personal appearance and any previous training courses attended. Please note that Afrikaans speaking Domestic workers / Nannies are not readily available.
- To shortlist suitable candidates for you from our database, according to specific criteria that you will list on the family profile.
- A Maximum of 3 candidates will be invited to an interview session except in the case of the requirement for a professional nanny, Au Pair or careworker in which it may be less.
- To verify the references telephonically or via e-mail.
- To ensure that by the time you meet and/or employ the candidates, they are suitable to perform the duties that you would like as per your signed family profile. Candidates may still need to attend our free course offered. Dates will be confirmed with you.
- Telephone costs to invite candidates
- Cost to hire a venue if need be.
- Time to arrange interviews and screen candidates
The interview fee is non-refundable and in the event that you need to cancel the interview or request to re-schedule the interview session then a new interview fee will be charged to re-schedule.
Interview dates can only be confirmed once we have received your interview fee. Please email the proof of payment to confirm your booking. (payment via EFT only)
THE NON-REFUNDABLE PLACEMENT FEE IS FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICE:
- To clear the candidate with a clearance company to verify the I.D and to check for criminal records on file. (There is a backlog at the SAPS electronic system to check for criminal records, and may take a few months to receive a full record should there be a possible link to the ID name or Number supplied)
- To give a guarantee period (Terms and conditions apply as per the signed agreement between the Agent and Employer) as per the placement package you have selected.
- To train the candidate free of charge in our First Aid & CPR course or basic housekeeping course.
- To supply you with our Employers Guide which includes the following:
- Disciplinary Guide
- Pay Slip and ready to use forms
- UIF Registration forms
- Employment contract
- Telephonic support even after your guarantee period has expired.
HIV TESTING: By law we are not allowed to request a domestic worker or childminder to go for a HIV test and even if they go for a test we are not allowed to request the result. If they test positive you are not allowed to refuse employment because of their HIV status. In past years of experience we have never had a situation where a child was infected by a childminder as HIV is mostly contracted by sexual contact and from direct contact with contaminated blood. However we do cover HIV/TB awareness in our courses as well as prevention and protection. A person can test negative before employment but can contract the virus at any time during her employment and it will be impossible to test a domestic or childminder on a monthly basis, and again by law, a person may not be dismissed because they are HIV positive.
SALARY GUIDELINES: The minimum salary as laid down by the Department of Labour is R2065.47 per month for a domestic worker with no experience, no references and/or no training who commences her career as a domestic worker and who works a standard 45 hour week. In our experience the current rates for an experienced Candidate with good references and/or training is as follows:
Domestic workers and child minders (one child)
- Live-in positions – R2800 to R3000 per month with accommodation and (optional) lunch and supper, toiletries and uniform
- A live-in domestic must have proper staff accommodation, with access to a bathroom and toilet as per the employment act.
- Live- out – R2800 to R3500 per month and (optional) transportation costs, lunch and uniform with proper access to toilet facilities.
- Part time or Ad Hoc – R180 – R220 per day.
- Optional Extras – cell phone and airtime, pension or funeral policy, additional training and Christmas bonus.
Professional nannies, Care workers and Nurses (one child, Elderly person or Patient)
- Live-in positions – R3500 to R5000 per month with accommodation and (optional) lunch and supper, toiletries and uniform
- A live-in Care worker / Professional Nanny / Nurse must have proper staff accommodation, with access to a bathroom and toilet as per the employment act.
- Live- out – R3500 to R6500 per month and (optional) transportation costs, lunch and uniform with proper access to toilet facilities
- Optional Extras – cell phone and airtime, pension or funeral policy, additional training and Christmas bonus.
- Part time, Ad Hoc, daily rate R250 – R350 per day.
Baby Sitting (one child) –minimum of 3 hours per sitting.
- No formal qualifications but with 1 year experience – R65 – R85 per hour.
- Trained in First Aid, minimum 2 Year experience – R85 – R100 per hour.
- Childcare course with First Aid, minimum 2 year experience – R 100 – R120 per hour.
- Au Pair or Teaching experience – R120-R150 per hour.
Au Pairs (one child)
Minimum 1 year experience, Valid Driver’s licence, First Aid / CPR trained
- afternoons or Mornings only Mon – fri – R4500.00pm – R7000pm
- Full day R6500.00pm – R10 000 plus depending on driving requirements additional costs for fuel and vehicle maintenance may be claimed – AA rates apply.
WORKING HOUR GUIDELINES
- The maximum working hours are 45 hours a week.
- An Employee may not work more than 12 hours a day including overtime and may not work more than 10 hours overtime per week.
- One full weekend off each month is required.
- Employees must have at least 36 consecutive hours off each week which must include a Sunday.
- Workers must have a meal break of 60 minutes after 5 hours of work.
- A written agreement may eliminate meal intervals for workers who work less than 6 hours a day.
- If an employee is required to normally work on weekends then alternative week days need to be offered as well as one full weekend off a month.
- Overtime must be paid for any additional hours as per the guides given in our information booklet.
- Night Nannies / Night Care workers – work 12 hour shifts usually from 6pm – 6am or 6:30pm to 6:30am. Refreshments need to be made available for the Employee for the duration of the evening.
|| Print This Agreement
- The Care Recruitment Solutions franchisee acts as an agent on behalf of persons ("candidates") for the purpose of introducing them to potential employers with a view to entering into a contract of employment.
- The employer wishes to obtain the services of a suitable employee.
- REQUEST BY EMPLOYER
The employer undertakes, when making enquiries with the agent as to potential candidates, to give full information to the agent as to the nature of the work concerned, the qualifications and experience required of the candidate.
- AGENTS OBLIGATIONS
- The agent undertakes to use its best endeavors to introduce a suitable candidate to the employer, and should the employer wish to employ the candidate, the agent will facilitate agreement on the terms and conditions of employment.
- The agent is only responsible for the allocated area in which the agent operates. This agreement is not transferable to any other agent of Edu Babe trading as Care Recruitment Solutions in another geographical area or operating area.
- Should the employer wish to make use of another Edu Babe centre, then a new agreement must be signed with the new agent with the applicable fees then become payable to the new agent.
- All Edu Babe (trading as Care Recruitment Solution) franchisees operate independently under franchise.
- INTERVIEW FEE
The employer will pay the agent a non-refundable Interview fee of R450.00
This fee is payable on or before the same day when interview dates are confirmed by the client. This fee includes interviews with a maximum of 3 possible candidates, thereafter if more interviews are required, R200.00 non-refundable, per interview with a maximum of 3 candidates per interview. Interviews will take place at the specified venue given by the franchisee.
- CONSULTATION FEE
Should the employer wish to consult with the agent after employing the candidate the employer will pay the agent an additional, non-refundable fee of R300.00 for the consultation and travelling expenses, or non-refundable fee of R250.00 should the consultation take place at the premises of the agent, on each occasion that the employer does so. This amount must be paid to the agent before each consultation.
- EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT
- The employer is under no obligation to employ a candidate.
- Should the employer wish to employ a candidate, the employer must immediately advise the agent who will then endeavor, on behalf of the candidate, to reach agreement with the employer on the terms of employment. The employer is obliged by the Labour Act and the 1997 Basic Conditions of Employment Act to have a Contract of Employment with the candidate.
- The agent will supply the employer with guidelines to prepare a written contract.
- The employer and the candidate must sign the employment contract before the day on which the candidate is due to commence employment with the employer ("the commencement date").
- AGENTS COMMISSION
- In addition to the amount payable in terms of clause 4, and if applicable clause 5,
- the employer will be liable to pay the following amount to the agent once the employer has agreed to employ a candidate, and the terms of the employment contract have been agreed upon:
A non-refundable fee of R3000.00 (THREE THOUSAND RAND) for a PERMANENT trained domestic worker / childminder or, this includes the option of allowing the employer to nominate the candidate to attend our one free training course which is the American Heart Association Family and Friends First Aid and CPR course offered by the agent within three months from commencement date, if not already trained by Edu Babe. This fee also includes a 50 page Guide containing all the information you will need when hiring a domestic / childminder, including their job description, guidelines for the employer, their employment contract and an HIV/TB Safety policy for the home environment.
- An amount equal to one month’s salary when employing a PERMANENT professional nanny or au-pair with a minimum of R3000.00 (non-refundable). This includes the option of allowing the employer to nominate the candidate to attend our one free training course which is the American Heart Association Family and Friends First Aid and CPR course offered by the agent within three months from commencement date, if not already trained by Edu Babe. This fee also includes a 50 page Guide containing all the information you will need when hiring a domestic / childminder, including their job description, guidelines for the employer, their employment contract and an HIV/TB Safety policy for the home environment.
- An amount equal to 40% (forty percent) of the salary agreed upon for the contract period, with a minimum of R100, when employing a TEMPORARY nanny or domestic worker, (non-refundable). This fee also includes a 50 page Guide containing all the information you will need when hiring a domestic, / childminder, including their job description, guidelines for the employer, their employment contract and an HIV/TB Safety policy for the home environment. Baby Sitting 40% (forty percent) of the salary agreed upon for the contract period, with a minimum of 3 hours per sitting and a minimum fee to the Agent of R100 per sitting.
- Should the employer choose to make an electronic payment to the agent, the employer commits him/herself to do the transfer on the same day, with a copy forwarded to the agent, when the candidate has been accepted for employment. The candidate will only be released to commence work on the commencement date, and documentation will only be forwarded to the employer, if the transfer was made on the same day when the candidate was accepted for employment. If the client fails to pay the Agent within the stipulated times, the agent will take legal action for all outstanding fees; including any legal fees incurred.
- The employer acknowledges that, once the terms of the employment have been agreed upon between the employer and the agent, on behalf of the candidate, the employer will become liable to the agent for the fee set out in clause 7.1,1 even if the employment contract has not been signed by the employer and the candidate. Failure to sign the contract does not mean that the Candidate is not employed by the Client.
- The employer will also be liable to pay the agent the amounts set out in clause 7 if any candidate who has been introduced to the employer by the agent is subsequently employed by:
- The employer;
- A member of the employer's family;
- Any company or other incorporated or unincorporated body to work in the employer's household;
- Any other person as a result of the conveying of information either directly or indirectly to such a person by the employer.
- CANCELLATION BY THE EMPLOYER DUE TO CANDIDATE'S BREACH OF CONTRACT
- Should the employer cancel the employment contract within 90 (ninety) days of the commencement date due to;
- the employee failing or refusing to commence employment after having signed the employment contract;
- the employee resigning of his or her own volition;
- the employee was dismissed due to misconduct and / or serious offence, in accordance with the Labour Relations Act,
then the agent shall use its best endeavors to find a suitable candidate to replace the dismissed candidate at no extra charge to the employer, however there will be no guarantee for the replaced candidate.
- the replaced candidate may be interviewed by the client, at the clients premises, without the presence of the Agent. This will depend on the Agent.
- The agent will only be liable to replace the candidate if the employer:
- has paid all amounts due to the agent within the time limits set out in this agreement;
- has followed the laid down procedure with regards to the disciplinary code as been notified in the employers guide, and has forwarded a copy of the minutes of the Disciplinary Hearing with the candidate before dismissal, to the Agent.
- No refunds. Should the client not wish to employ a replacement Candidate provided by the Agent, or in the unlikely event of the Agent not being able to provide another suitable Candidate, then the Agent will offer a free training course, to the value of 50% of the placement fee, for the candidate sourced by another Agency or sourced by the client.
- The one free course is only applicable to the first Candidate employed and not the replacement candidate. Training for the new candidate can be offered to the Employer however at the full price of the course.
- CANCELLATION BY THE CANDIDATE DUE TO THE EMPLOYER'S BREACH OF CONTRACT.
If the employer has breached the terms of employment with the candidate, and/or verbally and/or physical abused the employee, or not acting in accordance with the Labour Laws when employing a permanent or temporary employee, or due to the employers operational changes, no replacement, nor training course shall be given. No refunds.
- NO LIABILITY
The agent and its staff do not accept any responsibility and are not liable for any information or representation concerning the applicant, nor shall they be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature arising directly or indirectly from any act or omission on the part of any candidate, whether intentional or negligent.
I agree to pay the R450.00 registration fee and agree to pay the agreed placement fees, within the given times stipulated in this agreement and understand that it is non-refundable. I have read, accepted and agree to all the terms and conditions of this contract.
Family Profile Form
|Web site and all contents © Copyright EduBabe 2002-2018.
All rights reserved. | TDB