EBABE (PTY) LTD
(Registration Number: 2016 / 411534 / 07)
(Hereinafter referred to as “the Company”)
At EduBabe we specialize in supporting families with the difficult task of raising and stimulating their babies and toddlers in a variety of different ways which include but are not limited to housekeeping, childcare, au pair training, new parent training, first aid CPR, cooking and baking.
We have developed a national footprint since our inception in 1997 made up of several individually owned franchisers.
At EduBabe, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your Personal Information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and openly. This requires us too:
- Sufficiently inform candidates / applicants, hereafter referred to as candidates, how we intend using their information.
- Protect our Information assets from threats, whether internal or external, deliberate, or accidental, to ensure business continuation, minimize business damage and maximize business opportunities.
This policy establishes general standards for the protection of personal information within our company and provides principles regarding the right of individuals to privacy and to reasonable safeguarding of their personal information.
- INFORMATION OFFICER
The Information Officer, Paula Robert is responsible for:
- Ensuring this policy is supported by appropriate documentation.
- Ensuring that documentation is relevant and kept up to date.
- Ensuring this policy and subsequent updates are communicated to relevant franchisee’s, representatives, personnel, and associates, where applicable.
- All franchisee’s personnel, subsidiaries and individuals directly associated with us are responsible for adhering to this policy and for reporting any security breaches or incidents to the Information Officer.
- Any service provider responsible for providing and managing information technology must adhere to the same information security principles contained in this policy to ensure security measures are in place in respect of processing of personal information.
- POLICY PRINCIPLES
- We shall take reasonable steps to safeguard all Data and Personal Information collected from candidates / clients for the purpose of permanent / temporary recruitment and training etc.
3.2 Processing Limitation / Purpose for Data Collection
- We will collect personal information directly from candidates / clients.
- Personal Information from Social Networks, Job seekers portals will be collected with the express consent of the candidate/s.
- Once in our possession we will only process or further process candidate / client information with their consent, except where we are required to do so by law.
- In the latter case we will always inform the candidate / client.
3.3 Specific Purpose
- We will collect personal information from candidates to enable us to represent them to our clients for the purpose of recruitment, or for the purposes of training initiatives.
3.4 Limitation on further processing
- Personal information may not be processed further in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which the information was collected initially.
3.5 Information quality
- We shall ensure that candidate information is complete, up to date, and accurate before we use it.
- We will request candidates, to update their information periodically and we may continue to store/retain same.
- If we are unable to reach a candidate for this purpose their information will be deleted from our records.
3.6 Transparency / openness
- Where personal information is collected from a source other than directly from a candidate (example – social media, website portals) we are responsible for ensuring that the candidate is aware:
- that their information is being collected.
- who is collecting their information by giving them our details.
- of the specific reason that you are collecting their information.
3.7 Security safeguards
- We will implement sufficient measures to guard against the risk of unlawful access, loss, damage, or destruction of personal information that is held:
- in our electronic database
- by a data storage service provider
- in any electronic devices (that will be password protected)
3.8 Participation of individuals / complaints
- Candidates are entitled to know particulars of their personal information held by us,
- They are also entitled to correct any information held by us.
- Complaints should be submitted in writing to the Information Officer for Resolution.
- OPERATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
- Franchisees and the Information Officer are responsible for administering and overseeing the implementation of this policy and as applicable, supporting guidelines, standard operating procedures, notices, consents and appropriate related documents and processes.
- All individuals directly associated with the business activities will be trained, according to their functions, in the regulatory requirements, that govern the protection of the Protection Information.
4.2 Policy Compliance
- Breach/es of this policy could result in disciplinary action and termination of employment.
- NOTICES AND REVISIONS
- CONTACT US
Information Officer: Paula Robert
Contact number: 082 337 7923